We, at Early Bird & Worm, are a blend of brick & mortar + e-commerce, retailer of cool brands near and far + in-house private label, all rolled into a concept-style store that offers unique development opportunities for passionate entrepreneurial individuals who are looking to build rewarding long-term careers. EBW offers employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the EBW team.
Early Bird & Worm is seeking motivated and experienced SALES ASSOCIATES to join our team + grow with our company. If you are design savvy, up to date with current trends, comfortable with clothes, toys, home decor and, most importantly, kids, then we are looking for you.
The objective of the SALES ASSOCIATE role is maximizing in-store sales. They will achieve this through various activities including the maintaining store operations, steps of service and the EBW brand, supporting store marketing and promotions, leading by example and providing exemplary customer service, and maintaining store + merchandising standards to ultimately drive revenue and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Accountable for meeting retail sales and business objectives
• Execute operations such as daily tasks outlined
• Control and minimize shrink through awareness, proactive initiatives
• Ensure the store is opened and closed accurately and efficiently as outlined in the EBW manual
• Maintain merchandising standards
• Communicate customers' feedback about merchandise
• Ensure store looks fresh and clean for every customer experience
• Continue to audit and spot check store inventory to ensure accuracy
• Communicate merchandise sell-through and inventory inaccuracies as well as transfer errors
• Verify cash float, deposits and all monies tendered (ie balance receipts)
• Maintain accurate clock in/out records
• Ensure cash always has enough change to get through 3 business days
• Communicate any supplies needed or fixtures that need repair
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2 years in a retail or customer service environment
• Demonstrated abilities with sales + customer relationship building
• Must be able to work well and remain motivated within an independent, unsupervised environment
• Experience in a supervisory or “key holder” function within a retail store would be considered a strong asset
• Open availability to work weekdays + weekend shifts
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please send your most recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "SALES ASSOCIATE".
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with EBW, however, due to the high level of interest, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no in-person or telephone inquiries.