Last Updated: 03/22/2023
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE
REGISTRATION AND PROFILE INFORMATION.When you create an account, or place an order we ask you for your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, and other information you choose to provide.
PAYMENT INFORMATION.When you make a purchase, we will collect that payment card information. Depending on your chosen payment option, we may use a third-party service provider that handles payments for us and will receive your payment card information.
COMMUNICATIONS.If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Service team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send us, and other information you may choose to provide. We may also record your calls with our Customer Service team to handle your inquiry and for training, research and product development purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICE
LOCATION INFORMATION.When you use our Services, we receive your general location information (for example, your internet protocol ("IP") address may indicate your more general geographic region)
DEVICE INFORMATION.We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
USAGE INFORMATION.To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, and the dates and times of your visits.
INFORMATION FROM COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES.We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. For example, we may use pixel tags to recognize and alert you, if you leave items in your shopping cart. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. Please review your web browser's "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
USER FEEDBACK.We receive information about ratings and reviews that you post when you use our Services.
INFORMATION WE INFERWe may derive information or draw inferences about you based on information we collect about you. For example, based on your browsing or purchasing activities, we may infer your purchasing preferences, and based on your IP address, we may infer your approximate location.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
WE USE ALL INFORMATION (INCLUDING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION) FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
- We use your billing and shipping address to process and deliver purchases, returns, and backorders, and to help prevent fraud.
- We use your email address and phone number to send you security alerts, shipping notifications, and other administrative messages, to provide customer support, and for marketing purposes, such as to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you.
- We also use your email address to help you create, manage, and maintain an account on our Services.
WE USE ALL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To customize our Services and product offerings to present you with tailored content, such as (i) remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website(s); (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on our website(s);
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our Services and product offerings;
- To provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services, including customer service;
- To record purchases that you have made through our Services;
- To allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our Services, including on our social media pages;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms Of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google's practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ (opens in a new tab), and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (opens in a new tab).
AS REQUIRED BY LAW AND SIMILAR DISCLOSURES.We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
CONSENT.We may also disclose your information with your permission or at your direction.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on your jurisdiction and subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights with respect to the personal information we process about you:
Request a copy of the personal information Early Bird & Worm holds about you (including as necessary to support your right of data portability),
Request to know information about the categories of personal information we process about you,
Request that Early Bird & Worm correct your data,
Request that your data be deleted, and
Withdraw consent for any processing where we have requested your consent.
You may manage and update your information, or close your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS.If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account.
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, Canada and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
NOTICE OF CHANGES
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES
We offer various financial incentives from time to time. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons, or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or text messages. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your email address or phone number) and commercial information (like your purchase preferences and interests or purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails and text messages or contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal basis:
NECESSITY.As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase;
LEGITIMATE INTEREST.When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services. We only rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests;
CONSENT.If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated; and
LEGAL OBLIGATION.In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.