Poolside-Friendly Layered Watermelon Pops
Now that summer is in full swing, we think it's necessary to welcome in the season with a simple and delicious recipe to help you and the whole family cool down during those hot days by the pool.
They're refreshing, scream "summer", and are 100% natural - they're layered watermelon pops!
Since watermelon and popsicles are often considered to be summer staples, why not put them together to make the perfect poolside treat? With the help of vegan trained chef and recipe developer Diana Alshakhanbeh of Little Sunny Kitchen, we're bringing you fun + sweetness with this healthy, family-friendly recipe!
Layered Watermelon Popsicles
Serves: 10 | Prep Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups of watermelon, cubed (first layer)
- 10 tablespoons of coconut yogurt (second layer)
- 6 whole kiwis, peeled (third layer)
First Layer - Watermelon (Red)
- Wash the watermelon, cutting up the flesh into cubes
- Blend the watermelon cubes until it's of a liquid consistency
- Pour the blend into the popsicle molds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Take them out of the freezer and place wooden sticks into each individual mold
- Freeze until completely frozen
Second Layer - Coconut Yogurt (White)
- Pour coconut yogurt onto the watermelon layer in each mold
- Freeze for 1 hour
Third + Final Layer - Kiwi (Green)
- Blend the peeled kiwis until it's a decent, runny consistency
- Pour onto the coconut yogurt layer in each mold
- Freeze until all layers are completely frozen
Click here for complete nutritional info and in-depth details.
- Use a silicone popsicle mold for an easy slip out (that way you won't have to run them under cold water once they're frozen + ready to serve)
- Add strawberries or raspberries into your watermelon blend for a tartier taste
- Substitute the coconut yogurt with soy yogurt, milk yogurt, or coconut milk for a subtler sweetness
We hope you love every moment of making this sweet summer treat just as much you'll love eating them - Now kick back, relax, and let them hit the spot!