They're refreshing, scream "summer", and are 100% natural - they're layered watermelon pops!
Since watermelon and popsicles are often considered to be summer staples, why not put them together to make the perfect poolside treat? With the help of vegan trained chef and recipe developer Diana Alshakhanbeh of Little Sunny Kitchen, we're bringing you fun + sweetness with this healthy, family-friendly recipe!
- 3 cups of watermelon, cubed (first layer)
- 10 tablespoons of coconut yogurt (second layer)
- 6 whole kiwis, peeled (third layer)
- Wash the watermelon, cutting up the flesh into cubes
- Blend the watermelon cubes until it's of a liquid consistency
- Pour the blend into the popsicle molds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Take them out of the freezer and place wooden sticks into each individual mold
- Freeze until completely frozen
- Pour coconut yogurt onto the watermelon layer in each mold
- Freeze for 1 hour
- Blend the peeled kiwis until it's a decent, runny consistency
- Pour onto the coconut yogurt layer in each mold
- Freeze until all layers are completely frozen
- Use a silicone popsicle mold for an easy slip out (that way you won't have to run them under cold water once they're frozen + ready to serve)
- Add strawberries or raspberries into your watermelon blend for a tartier taste
- Substitute the coconut yogurt with soy yogurt, milk yogurt, or coconut milk for a subtler sweetness